- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Cara Smith
Horticulturists are abuzz after an exotic "sheep-eating" plant bloomed for the first time in the U.K.
Ms. Smith said the gardens keep the plant nourished on a liquid fertilizer.
"[P]arents coming along with small children [to see the flower] don't need to worry about the plant devouring their little ones," Cara Smith, a horticulturist at the Garden Wisley, said. "It's growing in the arid section of our Glasshouse with its deadly spines well out of reach of both children and sheep alike."