- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Cardinals Items
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny returned to the club Thursday after undergoing back surgery Monday in St. Louis.
Stan Musial was remembered during a funeral and memorial outside Busch Stadium on Saturday as a Hall of Famer and a St. Louis icon embraced by generations of fans who never had the privilege of watching him play.
The Giants sure are tough to eliminate this postseason.
David Freese homered in the 11th inning to give the Cardinals a 10-9 victory over Texas in Game 6 of the World Series, capping one of the wildest, most exciting finishes in baseball history.
Boy, the Cardinals are really making a mess for themselves on defense. Not sure if they're tight, cold, rusty or what.
Adrian Beltre and Nelson Cruz hit consecutive home runs off Lance Lynn to start the seventh inning, giving Texas the lead. Ian Kinsler added an RBI single to make it 7-4.
Allen Craig homers off Derek Holland with one out in the eighth inning and St. Louis trims its deficit to 7-5. The Rangers are four outs from their first World Series championship.
Mike Adams retires Rafael Furcal with the bases loaded to end the eighth. Leading 7-5, the Texas Rangers are three outs from their first World Series championship.
Neftali Feliz closes out the Cardinals for his sixth save in this postseason. The Rangers win 4-2 to take a 3-2 lead in the World Series and move within one win of their first championship.