- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Carl Pettersson
How well do you know the PGA Championship? Try this trivia quiz:
Leader Miguel Angel Jimenez will tee off for the third round of the 2013 British Open at Muirfield at 10:20 a.m. ET Saturday, playing with Henrik Stenson. But the high-profile pair just ahead of them, Tiger Woods and Lee Westwood, should draw a large gallery.
Carl Pettersson's golf bag was a little bit lighter. And the burly Swede didn't stand quite so tall Thursday in the British Open.
One of the big surprises Thursday in the British Open came from Carl Pettersson. For the first time in a major, he's using a conventional putter.
Tiger Woods plans to return to action at this week's British Open at Muirfield, and he'll be playing alongside Graeme McDowell and Louis Oosthuizen for the first two rounds.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
Graeme McDowell has already moved on to other majors.
Luke Donald holed out a chip for birdie on the short par-3 13th to reach 4 under and top the leaderboard in the U.S. Open.
Phil Mickelson knew it was going to be close, so he made sure his group could finish the second round of the U.S. Open on Friday.
Maybe winning really does take care of everything.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
Notable pairings include Tiger Woods with Luke Donald and Scott Piercy at 10:45 a.m., and 2012 Masters champion Bubba Watson with Ian Poulter and Steven Fox at 10:34.
Tiger Woods also was in one of the 10 matches that didn't start Wednesday. He opened against Charles Howell III, while Rory McIlroy faced Shane Lowry.
The Sony Open is known for the royal palms that blow gently in the Pacific breeze, the endless ocean, the rolling surf behind the 16th green and along the 17th hole, and the lady on No. 9.
As expected, Monday at the PGA Tour's season opener figures to be filled with anticipation at the Tournament of Champions.
He said he could have renewed but it was time for a change. ... Michael Antolini, who was director of business development for the PGA Tour, has been appointed director of the Deutsche Bank Championship.
"Since this rumor of the ban came out last year, I grabbed a couple of regular putters _ regular length _ and put my hand on it and gripped down on the shaft," he said. "And it felt pretty good. It was not serious practice, but I hit a few. It's essentially the same grip with the right hand, so I just had to change the left hand. It's the same motion I've been doing with a long putter. It's just not anchored."