- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Carl Yastrzemski
Former Boston Red Sox star Carl Yastrzemski is among six new inductees to be enshrined in the New York State Public High School Athletic Association's Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Famer in a Red Sox warmup jersey met the Orioles rookie wearing No. 85 behind the cage during batting practice.
Miguel Cabrera received a standing ovation after flying out and striking out in his only two at-bats Wednesday night, and leaving the Tigers' game against the Kansas City Royals in the fourth inning with the Triple Crown in sight.
Miguel Cabrera became the 15th player to win baseball's Triple Crown on Wednesday night, the reluctant superstar thrust into the spotlight by joining an elite list that includes Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig.
Miguel Cabrera's drive sailed high into the Detroit night _ so high, in fact, that left fielder Alex Gordon had time to drift over to the fence and wait a couple seconds before reaching over and robbing the slugger of a home run.
"One of the best managers I ever played for, Dick was very instrumental in accomplishing the Impossible Dream," Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski said in a statement released as the Red Sox hosted the Orioles.
"He had everybody doing everything," said Yastrzemski, who won the Triple Crown that season by batting .