- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Carlos Alberto Parreira
Latest Carlos Alberto Parreira Items
A hat trick from Neymar helped Brazil to a 5-0 rout of South Africa on Wednesday in the World Cup host's final friendly before announcing its squad for the tournament.
Brazil assistant coach and former world champion Carlos Alberto Parreira says it's "a joke" that the Brazilian government took so long to start working on some of the infrastructure projects needed for the World Cup.
Luiz Felipe Scolari is back in charge of Brazil's national soccer team, and he said Thursday he knows that anything but a sixth World Cup title at the 2014 tournament will be considered a failure.
SAFA president Kristen Nematandani finally announced Bafana Bafana's assistant coach as the successor to Brazilian Carlos Alberto Parreira at a news conference, exactly two weeks after SAFA said Mr. Mosimane was the man it wanted but that he had to be approved by SAFA's technical committee.
Strutting into the stadium dancing and singing, Bafana Bafana turned its final game at the World Cup into a rollicking party for all of South Africa. All that was missing was enough goals to see them through to the next round.