- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
Latest Carlos Alvarez Items
CANCUN, Mexico (AP) — Mexican authorities say they have detained six police officers in the death of a U.S. man who died after being arrested for disorderly conduct in the resort city of Playa del Carmen.
The Police Commission said Tuesday a police officer was justified in killing a Guatemalan immigrant last year — a shooting that sparked days of protest in the Hispanic community.