- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Carlos Bright
"Sanctuary City" referendum anyone?
Mr. Bright made his comments after sending an email to members of the council, in which he pointed out the city's policy conundrum.
"Unemployment is high in the District of Columbia, and illegal aliens shouldn't be allowed to work here. For years, the District of Columbia has been a sanctuary city for illegal aliens. Illegal aliens have been allowed to work in the construction, hospitality and janitorial industries in the District of Columbia," he said.