- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Carlos Caso-Rosendi Items
The goal of every pope ever elected is liturgical unity ("Many U.S. Catholics want Pope Francis to hold the line, inspire," Web, Friday). However, Carlos Caso-Rosendi's comment that the American church needs to return to an American brand of Catholicism seems to suggest a diversion from the idea of liturgical unity. The Catholic ways should be consistent, regardless of the geographical location. A parish in Manila should celebrate Mass the same way a parish in San Francisco does.
Parishioners and visitors at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception expressed hope Thursday that Pope Francis will call the church establishment back to its core mission and values -- and perhaps bring wayward elements of the flock back into line.