- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Topic - Carlos Gonzalez
Ian Desmond tied a career high with five hits, including a two-run homer, and Doug Fister threw effectively into the sixth to help the Washington Nationals beat the sinking Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Monday night.
The Colorado Rockies hoped to end a rough trip on a good note against the last-place Cleveland Indians.
Corey Kluber began the season as one of the question marks in Cleveland's rotation.
The best offense in the majors is suddenly in a slump.
The Colorado Rockies began another day without Carlos Gonzalez in their starting lineup with the more daunting knowledge Nolan Arenado will be missing for much longer.
Colorado Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is out of the lineup Thursday against San Francisco with a swollen left index finger.
Jhoulys Chacin is getting closer to being back to form. Now a win would be nice to go with good health.
Nolan Arenado thought for sure his liner to left field was gone.
Jordan Lyles doesn't want to relive his first loss of the season. The young right-hander just wants to leave it behind.
The San Diego Padres are picking their spots with Carlos Quentin as they ease him back into action following his return from a knee injury that sidelined him for the first six weeks of the season.
With one swing in the first inning, Nolan Arenado quickly took the drama out of whether he would match Colorado's record hitting streak and set the Rockies up for another rout over Texas.
Texas Rangers starter Colby Lewis got the first two batters out in each of the first three innings against Colorado.
Outfielder Mitch Moreland was Texas' best pitcher on a lost night.
Nolan Arenado just couldn't get anything to fall on a night when everyone else was finding holes.
Juan Nicasio bounced back nicely from his first loss of the season.
"I don't know what else can happen this year," Gonzalez said.
"I had no idea, honestly," he said. "I keep saying when you guys ask me that strikeouts are a by-product of making good pitches. I'm not going out there trying to strike guys out."