- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Topic - Carlos Maldonado
With catcher Jesus Flores nursing a sore right hamstring and the team having no clear emergency backup outside of Carlos Maldonado, the Washington Nationals decided Monday to option infielder Tyler Moore back to Triple-A Syracuse and will recall catcher Jhonatan Solano before Tuesday's game.
Sean Burnett worked through his repertoire pitch by pitch, knocking off the rust in a bullpen session typical of the early days of spring training. It would be a few more days before he and his fellow Washington Nationals pitchers had a chance to face batters, so Burnett was throwing for an audience of one - catcher Sandy Leon.
"I volunteered to live in a SCADpad because the faculty had created a lot of buzz about it," he said.
One of the student guinea pigs, photography major Carlos Maldonado of Mexico, said he's looking forward to his week in the pod.