- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Carlos Marmol Items
In the playoff mix for a second straight year, the Baltimore Orioles made the biggest move on a quiet trade-deadline day, acquiring Bud Norris to keep pace with the Boston Red Sox.
Down and all but out before the All-Star break, the Chicago Cubs are starting to make moves for the future.
The Chicago Cubs dealt starting pitcher Scott Feldman to the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday and traded former All-Star Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for veteran reliever Matt Guerrier.
Feldman signed a one-year contract with the Cubs and went 7-6 with a 3.46 ERA in 15 starts this season. He is 46-50 with a 4.66 ERA in 219 major league games over nine seasons.
The Boston Red Sox kept the cash freely flowing, this time revving their lineup with Shane Victorino, while the well-armed Washington Nationals neared a deal with Dan Haren at baseball's winter meetings Tuesday.
Dan Haren became a free agent Friday night after the Los Angeles Angels failed to work out a trade and then declined the pitcher's 2013 option.
As the first deadlines of baseball's offseason passed, the Los Angeles Angels allowed pitcher Dan Haren to become a free agent Friday night and David Ortiz agreed to a $26 million, two-year contract to remain with the Boston Red Sox.
The Los Angeles Angels agreed to trade pitcher Dan Haren to the Chicago Cubs for closer Carlos Marmol on Friday, according to a person familiar with the deal.
A person familiar with the negotiations says the Chicago Cubs have told closer Carlos Marmol that the proposed trade to send him to the Los Angeles Angels for pitcher Dan Haren has fallen apart.