- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Carlos Marmol Items
In the playoff mix for a second straight year, the Baltimore Orioles made the biggest move on a quiet trade-deadline day, acquiring Bud Norris to keep pace with the Boston Red Sox.
Down and all but out before the All-Star break, the Chicago Cubs are starting to make moves for the future.
The Chicago Cubs dealt starting pitcher Scott Feldman to the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday and traded former All-Star Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for veteran reliever Matt Guerrier.
Feldman signed a one-year contract with the Cubs and went 7-6 with a 3.46 ERA in 15 starts this season. He is 46-50 with a 4.66 ERA in 219 major league games over nine seasons.
The Boston Red Sox kept the cash freely flowing, this time revving their lineup with Shane Victorino, while the well-armed Washington Nationals neared a deal with Dan Haren at baseball's winter meetings Tuesday.
Dan Haren became a free agent Friday night after the Los Angeles Angels failed to work out a trade and then declined the pitcher's 2013 option.
As the first deadlines of baseball's offseason passed, the Los Angeles Angels allowed pitcher Dan Haren to become a free agent Friday night and David Ortiz agreed to a $26 million, two-year contract to remain with the Boston Red Sox.
The Los Angeles Angels agreed to trade pitcher Dan Haren to the Chicago Cubs for closer Carlos Marmol on Friday, according to a person familiar with the deal.
A person familiar with the negotiations says the Chicago Cubs have told closer Carlos Marmol that the proposed trade to send him to the Los Angeles Angels for pitcher Dan Haren has fallen apart.