- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Carlos Silva Items
The fallout from a 99-loss season for the Minnesota Twins has started with the firing of general manager Bill Smith.
Slumping Milton Bradley was cut by the Seattle Mariners on Monday, leaving the temperamental outfielder again looking for a new job.
Carlos Silva was released by the Chicago Cubs on Sunday, one day after they told the veteran pitcher he would not make the opening-day roster.
Richmond men's basketball coach Chris Mooney has signed a 10-year contract extension with the Spiders after leading them to the Sweet 16.
Chicago Cubs right-hander Carlos Silva has been told he will not be on the team's 25-man roster when the season starts Friday.
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Cubs manager Mike Quade is OK with shakings things up a bit _ as long as his team gets better.
Matt Garza's home games this season will be out in the elements instead of under a roof. He'll be pitching in a new league where there's no designated hitter.