- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Carlos Vega
A veteran Northern California police officer is accused of raping a woman at a hotel after escorting her there while he was on duty, authorities said Tuesday.
The company that owns an oil platform that caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico has vowed to continue searching for a second missing worker after a body was recovered in the waters near the site.
Prosecutor Carlos Vega says the woman never requested leniency for the report, and received a typical sentence for a first-time DUI offender after pleadeding no contest.
The six-year veteran officer surrendered to police the same day, then posted $100,000 bail, Deputy District Attorney Carlos Vega said Tuesday.