- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Carne Ross
The Occupy Money Cooperative, an offshoot from the Occupy Wall Street movement, revealed Wednesday its plans to create a new debit card to provide "fairly-priced, member-managed, and non-predatory financial products to the 99%."
Nation-states - those "weary giants of flesh and steel," as John Perry Barlow called them in his famous 1996 "A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace" - are on their way out. They can't cope, they can't keep up, and they're going to be replaced by something else, something better, more human, more communitylike.
"That diminishes the political significance of the ambassador's role," he said.
Ross said a large part of an ambassador's job involves taking part in social gatherings, something Wintour would be comfortable with.