- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Latest Carol Bartz Items
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said Thursday that he is surprised by how cautious consumers remain more than two years after the recession officially ended. But he offered no hints of further steps the Fed might take to try to boost the weak economy.
Carol Bartz's firing as Yahoo Inc.'s CEO isn't going to be enough to placate a loudening chorus of shareholders who believe Chairman Roy Bostock and his fellow board members also should be ousted after years of questionable choices that raised doubts about their competence.
An activist investment fund disclosed Thursday that it has bought a 5.2 percent stake in troubled Web portal Yahoo Inc. and called for sweeping changes to the board.
Yahoo's stock rose more than 5 percent on Wednesday after the company fired its CEO following more than 2 1/2 years of financial lethargy.
Yahoo Inc. fired Carol Bartz as CEO Tuesday after more than 2½ years of financial lethargy that had convinced investors that she couldn't steer the Internet company to a long-promised turnaround.
Yahoo's stock rose nearly 5 percent on Wednesday after the company fired its CEO following more than 2 1/2 years of financial lethargy.
The search has now begun for a person willing to lead one of the world's most popular Internet properties, Yahoo Inc., whose problems have deepened under its three previous leaders.
Yahoo Inc. has gone through three different CEOs in five years. Whoever takes the helm now will face the same challenge: Solve one of the Internet's most perplexing puzzles.
Carol Bartz was fired Tuesday as Yahoo Inc.'s CEO nearly three years into a tenure in which the company fell short of the turnaround she was charged with leading.