- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Carol Burnett
Jerry Lewis says women are funny, but not as crude standup comics.
When Carol Burnett recorded the audio version of her memoir "Carrie and Me," about her late daughter Carrie Hamilton, the actress-comedian sensed she had support.
When Carol Burnett launched her namesake variety show in the 1960s, one TV executive told her the genre was "a man's game." She proved him wrong with an 11-year run that averaged 30 million viewers each week.
Entertainer Carol Burnett is being honored by her alma mater.
Carol Burnett is being honored by her alma mater.
Carol Burnett's next book likely will inspire tears along with laughter.
While adults and older children likely won't be on tenterhooks waiting to see how the story comes out, this import from Japanese animation house Studio Ghibli is a simple-hearted and gentle story for younger kids.
Television producer and director Bob Banner, whose credits included the Dinah Shore, Garry Moore and Carol Burnett variety shows as well as the TV movies "The Darker Side of Terror," "My Sweet Charlie" and "Sea Wolf," has died at age 89.
The 88-year-old entertainer was criticized for expressing his distaste for female comedians a few years ago, but in clarifying his comments, he called Lucille Ball "brilliant" and said Carol Burnett is "the greatest female entrepreneur of comedy."
"I'm getting lovely mail from people who are very impressed with my daughter," Burnett said, including a letter this week from a man fighting depression. "He said he had kind of given up and then he read about Carrie and her fight (against cancer)."