- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Topic - Carol Burnett
Jerry Lewis says women are funny, but not as crude standup comics.
When Carol Burnett recorded the audio version of her memoir "Carrie and Me," about her late daughter Carrie Hamilton, the actress-comedian sensed she had support.
When Carol Burnett launched her namesake variety show in the 1960s, one TV executive told her the genre was "a man's game." She proved him wrong with an 11-year run that averaged 30 million viewers each week.
Entertainer Carol Burnett is being honored by her alma mater.
Carol Burnett is being honored by her alma mater.
Carol Burnett's next book likely will inspire tears along with laughter.
While adults and older children likely won't be on tenterhooks waiting to see how the story comes out, this import from Japanese animation house Studio Ghibli is a simple-hearted and gentle story for younger kids.
Television producer and director Bob Banner, whose credits included the Dinah Shore, Garry Moore and Carol Burnett variety shows as well as the TV movies "The Darker Side of Terror," "My Sweet Charlie" and "Sea Wolf," has died at age 89.
The 88-year-old entertainer was criticized for expressing his distaste for female comedians a few years ago, but in clarifying his comments, he called Lucille Ball "brilliant" and said Carol Burnett is "the greatest female entrepreneur of comedy."
In a separate statement, actress and longtime friend Carol Burnett said she was very sorry to hear of Al Masini's death.