- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Caroline Lukas
One contractor died and two Metro employees were injured in a welding accident in a Red Line subway tunnel between Union Station and the Judiciary Square stop early Sunday, Metro said.
Metro will be restoring limited service on its rail and bus lines at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Five people suffered minor injuries Wednesday in a crash in the District involving a Metrobus.
A door problem on a Red Line train caused minor delays during the Tuesday morning rush hour, Metro officials said.
About 50 Occupy D.C. members and Metro workers protested the upcoming fare increase and ongoing union negotiations outside the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority Board meeting on Thursday.
A man was stabbed aboard a Metrobus early Wednesday afternoon near the George Washington University campus.
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.
will continue to be shut down and free shuttle bus service provided, as it was Saturday," Ms. Lukas told AP.
Asked about the report, Ms. Lukas said there was no major fire and flames were quickly put out with hand-held fire extinguishers.