- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Caroline Lukas
One contractor died and two Metro employees were injured in a welding accident in a Red Line subway tunnel between Union Station and the Judiciary Square stop early Sunday, Metro said.
Metro will be restoring limited service on its rail and bus lines at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
A door problem on a Red Line train caused minor delays during the Tuesday morning rush hour, Metro officials said.
A man was stabbed aboard a Metrobus early Wednesday afternoon near the George Washington University campus.
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.
will continue to be shut down and free shuttle bus service provided, as it was Saturday," Ms. Lukas told AP.
Asked about the report, Ms. Lukas said there was no major fire and flames were quickly put out with hand-held fire extinguishers.