- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Caroline Lukas
One contractor died and two Metro employees were injured in a welding accident in a Red Line subway tunnel between Union Station and the Judiciary Square stop early Sunday, Metro said.
Metro will be restoring limited service on its rail and bus lines at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Five people suffered minor injuries Wednesday in a crash in the District involving a Metrobus.
A door problem on a Red Line train caused minor delays during the Tuesday morning rush hour, Metro officials said.
About 50 Occupy D.C. members and Metro workers protested the upcoming fare increase and ongoing union negotiations outside the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority Board meeting on Thursday.
A man was stabbed aboard a Metrobus early Wednesday afternoon near the George Washington University campus.
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.
will continue to be shut down and free shuttle bus service provided, as it was Saturday," Ms. Lukas told AP.
Asked about the report, Ms. Lukas said there was no major fire and flames were quickly put out with hand-held fire extinguishers.