- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Caroline Lukas
One contractor died and two Metro employees were injured in a welding accident in a Red Line subway tunnel between Union Station and the Judiciary Square stop early Sunday, Metro said.
Metro will be restoring limited service on its rail and bus lines at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
A door problem on a Red Line train caused minor delays during the Tuesday morning rush hour, Metro officials said.
A man was stabbed aboard a Metrobus early Wednesday afternoon near the George Washington University campus.
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.
The detective was not injured and was placed on administrative duty until an internal investigation concludes, spokeswoman Caroline Lukas said.
The last time a Metro officer was involved in a shooting was in 2008, Ms. Lukas said.