- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Caroline Lukas Items
One contractor died and two Metro employees were injured in a welding accident in a Red Line subway tunnel between Union Station and the Judiciary Square stop early Sunday, Metro said.
Metro will be restoring limited service on its rail and bus lines at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Five people suffered minor injuries Wednesday in a crash in the District involving a Metrobus.
A door problem on a Red Line train caused minor delays during the Tuesday morning rush hour, Metro officials said.
About 50 Occupy D.C. members and Metro workers protested the upcoming fare increase and ongoing union negotiations outside the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority Board meeting on Thursday.
A man was stabbed aboard a Metrobus early Wednesday afternoon near the George Washington University campus.
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.