- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Caroline Wozniacki Items
At 14, Tiger Woods was running cross-country and trying to stay on top of his homework. Adam Scott was psyched to finish second against a bunch of 17-year-olds. Rory McIlroy had thoughts of playing in the Masters, but it was the European Young Masters.
It was Sharapova's second career title at Indian Wells, where she first won in 2006. Wozniacki won here in 2011. The women met in a final for the first time; their six other matches came in earlier rounds.
Nadal improved to a career-best 17-1 on the year, including 14 straight match wins. He's won three titles — two on clay while runner-up in another on his favorite surface — since returning from a left knee injury.
Caroline Wozniacki says her boyfriend, top-ranked golfer Rory McIlroy, has improved his fitness level so much that he likes working out even more than she does.
McIlroy faced the media for the first time since he abruptly walked off the golf course in the second round of the Honda Classic, telling reporters that his head was not in the right place and then issuing a statement that his sore wisdom tooth made it difficult to concentrate.
Rory McIlroy offered another apology, a straightforward explanation and a pledge Wednesday that he will never again quit in middle of a round.
In any other sport it wouldn't be an issue.
Pictures of past champions line the walls of the stadium hallways at the Dubai Championships. The women's victors include two-time winner Venus Williams, and two who are back this year, Caroline Wozniacki and defending champ Agnieszka Radwanska.
Sloane Stephens lost in the first round of the Dubai Championship on Monday, the latest setback for the rising American star who reached the Australian Open semifinals.