- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Carolyn J.B. Howard
Ms. Howard, a Prince George's Democrat, says she and other legislators have received backlash over a proposal to increase the state's 23.5-cents-a-gallon gas tax.
Ms. Howard, one of the commission's 28 members, said many constituents have complained that they are already too heavily burdened by gas prices that now exceed $4 a gallon.