- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Carrier Dome
The Carrier Dome is a 49,250-seat domed sports stadium located on the campus of Syracuse University in the University Hill neighborhood of Syracuse, New York, USA. It is home to the Syracuse Orange football, basketball, and lacrosse teams. High school football championships are also held in "The Dome," as are occasional concerts. New York's high school indoor track and field championships have also been held at the Carrier Dome, as well as the annual New York State Field Band Conference championships. - Source: Wikipedia
Jim Boeheim shrugged. It was nice while it lasted.
Overtime, crunch time, anytime.
Freshman guard Lexie Brown scored a season-high 31 points, going 7 of 8 from beyond the arc, and No. 8 Maryland beat Syracuse 89-64 on Sunday to snap a three-game losing streak.
Dismayed, Andre Dawkins hung his head. So close to knocking off one of those three unbeatens."We just needed one more play, whether it was a rebound or a shot going in," he said. "We just needed one play."
A look at five things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference this week:
Students have been camped at Boeheimburg outside the Carrier Dome for nearly two weeks in bitter cold, with a few fans having paid for their Syracuse season tickets by making the shrewd financial decision to sell their seats for home game No. 13.
Vanessa Williams is returning to her alma mater to sing the national anthem before Saturday night's highly anticipated basketball game between No. 17 Duke and second-ranked Syracuse.
Pittsburgh coach Jamie Dixon has his team well drilled.
Syracuse was teetering on the brink, trailing nemesis Pittsburgh by a point with less than two minutes to play and the home crowd doing its best to rattle the Panthers.
Syracuse's football schedule for the fall is out, and it features defending national champion Florida State in the Carrier Dome among eight bowl teams from this past season.
Pitt coach Jamie Dixon has a knack for guiding his Panthers to victory against Syracuse, and he nearly did it again.
Put this in the scouting report on Syracuse's Tyler Ennis: He can score, too.
Freshman point guard Tyler Ennis scored 16 points, including two driving layups and two free throws in the final 2 minutes, and No. 2 Syracuse beat No. 22 Pittsburgh 59-54 on Saturday in a battle for first place in the ACC between the two former Big East rivals.
Syracuse's Jim Boeheim has led Syracuse to four Final Fours, once in each of the past four decades since taking over as head coach at his alma mater in 1976.
Georgetown lost out on big-time recruit Nerlens Noel. Its leading scorer, Jason Clark, graduated. Another gifted contributor, Hollis Thompson, departed a year early to pursue professional basketball. And somehow Georgetown improved.