- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Carroll Parish
The Northeast Delta Human Services Authority is working to expand mental health and addiction assistance to some of the more underserved areas in the Delta that are home to high poverty rates and few options to such services.
A West Carroll Parish resident is dead following an accident on a recreational vehicle in rural Morehouse Parish.
The Morehouse Parish Police Jury has joined a growing number of parish governments in the region by issuing a burn ban due to dry conditions and long-range forecasts calling for little rainfall and high winds.
The Justice Department said Friday it will deploy more than 780 federal observers and department personnel to 51 jurisdictions in 23 states for the Nov. 6 general election to enforce federal voting rights laws that guarantee all citizens access to the ballot box.