- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
Topic - Casey Coleman
The Royals selected the contract of right-hander Casey Coleman from Triple-A Omaha and designated outfielder Justin Maxwell for assignment before Friday night's game against Baltimore.
Mike Quade got his first major league win, and so did Casey Coleman. The post-Piniella Chicago Cubs are off to quite a start.
"I knew that the attention was on the Cubs now, with Lou deciding to retire," Coleman said. "It's been a disappointing season for a lot of guys, and I just wanted to come up here, especially tonight after something's changed — some of us see it as a new start — and you just want to go out and throw strikes and help the team win. And hopefully we can finish the year strong."