- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Casey Pachall
For starters, four Big 12 teams haven't even revealed who their No. 1 quarterback will be with only a few practices left before the season openers.
For the first time in three years, the Big 12 Conference has the same teams coming back from the previous season.
The Big 12 is facing an identity crisis at quarterback, with a lot of different players preparing to take snaps this fall.
Suspended TCU quarterback Casey Pachall is leaving school for the rest of the semester and entering an inpatient rehabilitation facility.
TCU quarterback Casey Pachall has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW'-hall) has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
TCU quarterback Casey Pachall was suspended indefinitely Thursday, hours after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated _ his second brush with trouble this year and one that clouds the 15th-ranked Horned Frogs' push for a Big 12 title.
After a hiccup at the start of the game, Virginia's defense mostly held its own against No. 16 TCU on Saturday. The Cavaliers' offense again couldn't generate anything significant in a 27-7 loss.
Casey Pachall threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Carter with 1:05 left, then connected with Josh Boyce on the go-ahead 2-point conversion, and Boise State's Dan Goodale booted a 39-yard field-goal attempt wide right as time expired to give TCU a 36-35 victory against the fifth-ranked Broncos on Saturday.
Boise State's quest for perfection and BCS glory were dashed again by a missed field goal.
Rose Bowl champion TCU is coming off the mountain after this season.
The Big Ten race won't officially be decided until Dec. 5 when the final BCS standings come out.
Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a team-administered drug test just two weeks before former linebacker Tanner Brock, his roommate and teammate then, was arrested in a drug sting with three other players and other TCU students.
"I know I'm not perfect," Pachall said at the time. "But I've learned from those mistakes and I'm still learning. It's a day-to-day process for me of trying to be a better person."