- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Catherine Keener
Early in "Captain Phillips," the cargo ship captain (Tom Hanks) and his wife (Catherine Keener) drive from their Vermont home to the airport where he'll take a flight to his next job, one that will bring him face-to-face with the less fortunate on the other side of the globe. Like the chatter of so many couples, their conversation turns to their general feeling of economic uncertainty.
Cavemen _ they're just like us! _ or so "The Croods" seems to be saying with its familiar mix of generational clashes, coming-of-age milestones and generally relatable laughs.
The Bieber might outdraw the Beatle. That's what Mexico City officials are saying as they prepare for Monday's free concert by teen star Justin Bieber.
Forty years after cavorting with the commies in Vietnam, "Hanoi Jane" reprises her role as an anti-war activist in Bruce Beresford's "Peace, Love & Misunderstanding."
Don't get Jane Fonda wrong. The 74-year-old actress got a thrill when she wowed the fashion crowd at France's Cannes Film Festival in a form-fitting, two-tone Stella McCartney gown.
A showcase for potential Academy Awards contenders and big fall releases, September's Toronto International Film Festival will feature titles starring Nicole Kidman, Ben Affleck, Robert De Niro, Natalie Portman, Keanu Reeves, Keira Knightley and Carey Mulligan.
David Schwimmer's latest directorial effort, "Trust," will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
"What was fun for me is that I'm not a hippie. She kind of is," she said.
Fonda and Keener say their desire to work with each other was one reason both signed on for the film.