- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Cathy Lanier Items
On Sunday outside the Washington National Cathedral, blacksmiths will “forge firearms into garden tools" as a symbolic enactment of this year’s theme, “Swords into Plowshares.” It is illegal in the District of Columbia to possess a firearm that is not registered.
In the wake of 12 people being murdered in Washington’s Navy Yard, D.C. Congressional Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton asserted that the District “is still the safest city in the United States.”
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said one shooter was confirmed killed at the scene of the Navy Yard rampage and authorities are looking for two other men who may also have been involved in the attack.
Several online jihadists suggested Islamists were behind the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard as federal and local police investigated the motive behind the attack.
Second Amendment supporters beware: Cathy Lanier is talking tough — Annie Oakley tough.