- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest CBS Items
Recently announced plans to produce a $30 million feature film about Ronald Reagan's life ("Reagan") have caused quite a stir in the press. The media has been speculating about who should play Reagan. Should it be Ben Affleck, Zac Efron, Tom Hanks, James Franco, Jon Hamm, Hugh Laurie, Chris Pine or Joaquin Phoenix?
Actor Joaquin (wah-KEEN') Phoenix's last appearance on David Letterman's show was memorably weird. Now they're getting back together.
House Minority Leader John A. Boehner signaled Sunday that he is prepared to support President Obama's plan to extend tax cuts for just the lower and middle classes — even if it does not include Republican-backed cuts for wealthier Americans.
House Minority Leader John A. Boehner says he would support extending tax cuts only for middle-class earners even though he considers it "bad policy" to exclude the highest-earning Americans from tax relief.
Guest lineup for the Sunday TV news shows:
A woman has filed a temporary restraining order against TV analyst and former NFL tight end Shannon Sharpe.
Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Neil Diamond were among the more than 100 celebrities to appear on all four broadcast networks for the "Stand Up To Cancer" telethon.
Jimmy Johnson has become a "Survivor" celebrity, even though he has yet to appear on the show.
Diane Lane, Marcia Cross and Mark Harmon are set to join more than 100 celebrities for Friday's "Stand Up To Cancer" telethon.