- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Cecil B. Demille
Latest Cecil B. Demille Items
Casting Jesus for the silver screen has always been tricky. Directors must balance the actor's ability to project a sense of both divinity and humanity. They also need to sell tickets, and thus have often cast handsome, leading-man types.
The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards will honor Woody Allen for his contributions to filmmaking, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced Friday.
Television watchers across the country are glomming on to an unlikely megahit: the History Channel's 10-hour retelling of stories from the Bible. To the disbelief of Hollywood executives, viewers are shunning a lineup that includes "Revenge" and "The Mentalist" to watch another telling of the greatest story ever told.
Jodie Foster is adding a new trophy to her collection — a lifetime-achievement honor at the Golden Globes.
Jodie Foster is adding a new trophy to her collection _ a lifetime-achievement honor at the Golden Globes.
If you're tired of watching the Republican debates, tune in Sunday night to the Academy Awards. The night will show off beautiful eye candy for both men and women, diversion with glitz. We once worried about protecting the children from "inappropriate" movies, but now the candidates talk about condoms and abortions and adultery scandals. With pop culture awash in sex and violence, movie themes can hardly shock. This year's crop of Oscar movies is mild indeed.
The black-and-white silent film "The Artist" came away with the most prizes with three wins at the Golden Globes, but the show spread the love around among a broad range of films and TV shows.
Martin Scorsese has been named best director at the Golden Globes for his Paris adventure "Hugo."
Michelle Williams, Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer won acting honors and Martin Scorsese earned the directing prize Sunday at a Golden Globes show that was spreading Hollywood's love around among a broad range of films and TV shows.