- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
Cecily E. Collier-Montgomery
Latest Cecily E. Collier-Montgomery Items
The D.C. Office of Campaign Finance (OCF) has opened an investigation into the use of constituent-services funds by Ward 7 Democrat Yvette Alexander, according to a resident who filed a complaint this month.
D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown was a no-show Monday at a hearing seeking answers from his 2008 re-election campaign as to why it failed to report numerous transactions and maintain proper records.
A group of Ward 7 residents has asked the District's Office of Campaign Finance to investigate D.C. Council member Yvette Alexander's use of constituent service funds to determine if she violated fundraising and conflict of interest laws.
The D.C. Office of Campaign Finance has initiated a preliminary investigation of D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. over charges of financial misconduct related to his Team Thomas charity.
An elementary school student who brought cocaine to school and shared it with other students was to be reunited with his mother after a hearing Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court.