- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
Central High School
Latest Central High School Items
Thinking about heading back to class to receive the equivalent of a high school diploma?
State officials are recommending replacing Trenton's 82-year-old Central High School.
Gov. Tom Corbett ditched his first scheduled visit to a district-run public school in Philadelphia, where dozens of demonstrators had gathered Friday to protest his education policies and rally for more funding.
Racial divisions within Little Rock's schools date to 1957, when President Dwight Eisenhower used federal troops to enforce a judge's order that all-white Central High School admit nine black students.
Five decades and $1 billion after an infamous racial episode made Little Rock, Ark., a national symbol of school segregation, the legal fight to ensure that all of its children receive equal access to education is almost over.
A federal judge said Monday that Arkansas can stop making payments in one of the nation's most historic desegregation efforts but cautioned that work remains to ensure Little Rock-area students receive a proper education.
An agreement awaiting a federal judge's final approval soon could end one of the nation's most historic desegregation efforts following decades of court battles and $1 billion of special aid to Little Rock-area schools.
Authorities have charged a 20-year-old Maryland man in the fatal shooting last year of an 18-year-old high school student.
Authorities have charged a 20-year-old Maryland man in the fatal shooting of Marckel Ross, one of six county school students slain this school year.