- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
Latest Chad Griffin Items
A California referendum on a new transgender-student law failed Monday when insufficient valid signatures were turned into the state.
The Hattiesburg City Council has passed a resolution that would spell out the city's official stance when it comes to discrimination and diversity.
In an assertion of same-sex marriage rights, Attorney General Eric Holder is applying a landmark Supreme Court ruling to the Justice Department, announcing Saturday that same-sex spouses cannot be compelled to testify against each other, should be eligible to file for bankruptcy jointly and are entitled to the same rights and privileges as federal prison inmates in opposite-sex marriages.
With the Winter Games underway in Sochi, Google Inc. quietly but vibrantly added its voice Thursday to the chorus of U.S. companies speaking out against Russia's law restricting gay-rights activities by updating its iconic search page logo to depict illustrations of athletes skiing, sledding, curling and skating against a rainbow-colored backdrop.
The largest civil rights group seeking equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people says the City of Starkville has passed a resolution making it clear that the city is intolerant of discrimination against anyone and in any form.
The nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights group has announced it will honor Jennifer Lopez with the 2013 Ally for Equality Award next month for her "commitment to better the lives of LGBT people."
The Roman Catholic Church must become "the home for all" and place its pastoral ministries ahead of such hot-button political and social issues as gay marriage, abortion and contraception, Pope Francis said Thursday in his first lengthy interview since becoming the head of the church six months ago.
A lawsuit that claims that California's Proposition 8, which defines marriage as between a man and a woman, is still in effect will go forward — but county clerks can continue to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, the California Supreme Court said Monday.
As more than a million supporters of same-sex marriage gathered in San Francisco for a gay pride parade Sunday, California county clerks continued issuing marriage licenses to gay couples, while opponents suffered another defeat at the U.S. Supreme Court.