- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Champions League Final
Police used tear gas to disperse rock-throwing fans outside the stadium before the African Champions League final Sunday, an outburst that has heightened fears for an upcoming World Cup playoff between Egypt and Ghana.
Despite failing to win European soccer's top prize, Barcelona came out as the top team this season in The Associated Press global soccer poll.
It's time for the biggest game in club soccer _ brought to you by Germany.
Bayern Munich is trying to downplay being the favorite.
Bayern Munich is approaching its third Champions League final in four years with the calm of a team fully in control after a season of dominance.
In football, is Germany a nation of chokers?
Coach Joachim Loew has called up four newcomers for Germany's friendlies against Ecuador and the United States, with the stars of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund absent because of their Champions League final.
The dream Champions League final, in pure soccer terms, would have been Barcelona vs. Real Madrid. But the world's two best players, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, both fluffed penalty kicks in the semifinals, leaving us with the thinking fan's final, instead.
Bayern Munich heads into the Champions League final against Chelsea at its own stadium as a strong favorite to win a fifth European Cup, a title that could make up for its failures in domestic competitions.
Fernando Torres got his first hat trick in more than 2 1/2 years Sunday to lead Chelsea to a 6-1 win over Queens Park Rangers in the English Premier League.
Chelsea has been defying expectations all season _ from the surprisingly poor domestic campaign to the astonishing humbling of Barcelona.
Without much fanfare, soccer will take another big step into the American mainstream this weekend when Manchester United's game at Arsenal becomes the first English Premier League match to be televised live by a U.S. over-the-air network.
For those doubting the growth of soccer in the United States, look no further than Manchester United's 2-1 victory over Barcelona at FedEx Field on Saturday.
Manchester United striker Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez missed Wednesday night's match against the MLS All-Stars after being hospitalized overnight for a concussion sustained during a training session a day earlier.
Lionel Messi is back home and looking to win the Copa America for Argentina.