- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Chapel Hill
A student-athlete advocacy group is pursuing a civil-rights complaint against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and claiming discrimination against male athletes and particularly black male athletes who were placed in courses requiring only a research paper.
Casey Rogers has a state title as Morganton Freedom's coach to go with one he earned as a player. Sherry Norris earned one at Chapel Hill to match another from more than three decades earlier.
A makeup date hasn't been set yet. The decision came about 3½ hours before the teams were scheduled to tip at 9:10 p.m.
Being a hero is not always about staring down the barrel of a gun.
Ross Martin kicked a 27-yard field goal with 2:22 left and No. 24 Duke beat North Carolina 27-25 on Saturday, completing the Blue Devils' improbable run to reach the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.