- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Chapel Hill
Katelyn Ferral is joining The Associated Press as a temporary legislative relief reporter. Ferral will be receiving a master's in political science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Sunday.
Trustees at North Carolina's flagship university are reviewing the amount of a health fee paid by thousands of students and how it is spent after officials questioned the money's use for sex counseling and stage performances addressing sexual topics and social advocacy.
A student-athlete advocacy group is pursuing a civil-rights complaint against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and claiming discrimination against male athletes and particularly black male athletes who were placed in courses requiring only a research paper.
Casey Rogers has a state title as Morganton Freedom's coach to go with one he earned as a player. Sherry Norris earned one at Chapel Hill to match another from more than three decades earlier.
A makeup date hasn't been set yet. The decision came about 3½ hours before the teams were scheduled to tip at 9:10 p.m.
Being a hero is not always about staring down the barrel of a gun.
Ross Martin kicked a 27-yard field goal with 2:22 left and No. 24 Duke beat North Carolina 27-25 on Saturday, completing the Blue Devils' improbable run to reach the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.