- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Chapel Hill Items
Katelyn Ferral is joining The Associated Press as a temporary legislative relief reporter. Ferral will be receiving a master's in political science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Sunday.
Trustees at North Carolina's flagship university are reviewing the amount of a health fee paid by thousands of students and how it is spent after officials questioned the money's use for sex counseling and stage performances addressing sexual topics and social advocacy.
A student-athlete advocacy group is pursuing a civil-rights complaint against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and claiming discrimination against male athletes and particularly black male athletes who were placed in courses requiring only a research paper.
Casey Rogers has a state title as Morganton Freedom's coach to go with one he earned as a player. Sherry Norris earned one at Chapel Hill to match another from more than three decades earlier.
A makeup date hasn't been set yet. The decision came about 3½ hours before the teams were scheduled to tip at 9:10 p.m.
Being a hero is not always about staring down the barrel of a gun.
Ross Martin kicked a 27-yard field goal with 2:22 left and No. 24 Duke beat North Carolina 27-25 on Saturday, completing the Blue Devils' improbable run to reach the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.