- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Charles Gibson
"I think increasingly, the American people are going to say to themselves, 'You know what? If a party or a politician is constantly taking the position my-way-or-the-highway, constantly being locked into ideologically rigid positions, that we're going to remember at the polls,' " President Obama said at a recent news conference.
Dan Rather no doubt spoke for many viewers when he recently accused his former bosses at "CBS Evening News" of trying to revive the ailing broadcast by "dumbing it down and tarting it up."
Charles Gibson, a police officer with the Contra Costa Community College District, said people on the boat were awakened by other passengers and the crew as it began to sink.
Most "were in the water for over 16 hours," said Officer Gibson, who had gone on the fishing trip twice before. "We hope that the information is getting to our families that we are here and that we survived."