- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Charles Mcclelland
Eight Houston homicide division police officers have been disciplined for what Chief Charles McClelland says were policy violations and deficiencies in investigations.
An ongoing internal probe of the Houston Police Department's homicide division should not lessen public confidence in its work, officials said Thursday.
The NCAA banned the Texas Southern football and men's basketball teams from the postseason Tuesday, saying it came close to levying the so-called "death penalty" against the school for repeated rules violations and for lying about imposing sanctions on its own.
Board member Charles McClelland of Jackson said again Thursday that he's heard from schools that are worried about making the switch to Common Core from the current state curriculum.
"Those districts are telling me they're still not ready," he said. "Will this consortium work on getting them ready?"