- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Charles R. Breyer
Latest Charles R. Breyer Items
A former social activist convicted of defrauding a California charity backed by celebrities Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte has been sentenced to three years and four months in prison.
A former social activist convicted of defrauding a California charity backed by celebrities Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte was sentenced Tuesday to three years and four months in prison.
A former high-tech executive convicted of defrauding investors of at least $30 million received on Monday one of the harshest sentences meted out in a white-collar criminal case.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Former Brocade Communications Systems Inc. Chief Executive Gregory Reyes was convicted yesterday of defrauding investors in the first stock options backdating case to go to trial.