- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Charles Solomon Items
With the Christmas season in full swing, familiar items have appeared in our homes and communities. Beautiful trees with ornaments, colorful lights on front lawns, department store displays, wreaths on doors and stockings hung with care. There also will be glasses of milk and plates of cookies, accompanied by important letters for Santa Claus, left this evening.
For years, Oscar voters have viewed animation as a second-tier genre, but "Toy Story 3," featuring the voice of Tom Hanks as Woody and Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear, seems the most likely film to shatter the animated glass ceiling.