- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Charles W. Steger
Latest Charles W. Steger Items
"Small potatoes" is how the man with the task of parceling out $7.7 million from a private compensation fund for families of the 32 victims of the Virginia Tech massacre described the paltry $180,000 each will receive.
BLACKSBURG, Va. — A lawyer who administered September 11 claims will advise Virginia Tech on how to handle its $7 million fund to aid victims of the mass killings on campus this spring, university officials said yesterday.
ROANOKE — Virginia Tech will replace the temporary memorials on the campus lawn with 32 stones engraved with the names of those killed by a student gunman, officials said yesterday.