- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Latest Charles Woods Items
Oklahoma U.S. Rep. Jim Bridenstine says his guest at Tuesday's State of the Union address will be the father of one of the four people killed in the Benghazi attack.
An Oklahoma congressman said Monday that he will host Charles Woods, father of former Navy SEAL and Benghazi terrorist attack victim Ty Woods, at Tuesday's State of the Union.
Last week, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing on the Benghazi, Libya, killings. Two of the victims' parents, Charles Woods and Patricia Smith, were given an opportunity to speak before the committee. Just prior to their turns to speak, 15 Democrats left the hearing. The only two Democrats remaining were Rep. Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland and Rep. Jackie Speier of California.
Saying "I don't think anybody lied to anybody," Secretary of State John F. Kerry promised Wednesday to appoint a special liaison to dispel Republican lawmakers' lingering suspicions over the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya.
The father of a former Navy SEAL killed in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, says he learned the details of his son's bravery not from the Obama administration, but in an email from an American whose life was saved by his son.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said Thursday that a U.S. commando team was mobilizing as the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was unfolding last month, but the lethal assault was over by the time the team arrived.