- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Charlie Dent
Rep. Charlie Dent, Pennsylvania Republican, said Wednesday that the fight over repealing cost-of-living adjustment cuts for military retirees included in the 2013 budget deal shows how difficult it will be to make any type of permanent, broad entitlement reform.
Congress congratulated itself this week after voting to restore full cost-of-living increases for military retirement benefits — but the bipartisan unity showed just how difficult it will be to tackle the major spending challenges that lie ahead.
"I am writing," Sanchez wrote, "to express my concern about the increasing number of traumatic brain injuries in college football." The innocent-sounding sentence should send a cold shiver down NCAA president Emmert's spine.
The end of the 16 day government shutdown and a deal to avoid the first major debt default in U.S. history gave President Obama most of what he sought — an open government and more borrowing authority without denting Obamacare.
Six members of the House Ethics Committee including its chairman have recused themselves from any matter involving Rep. Maxine Waters, including an internal investigation looking into whether the panel mishandled a two-year conflict-of-interest case against the California Democrat.