- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Charlie Manuel Items
Ryan Howard and his teammates have heard critics say the window has closed for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Former Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is being honored on the team's Wall of Fame.
Charlie Manuel has returned to the Philadelphia Phillies as a senior adviser to general manager Ruben Amaro Jr.
A person familiar with the decision says Charlie Manuel has agreed to return to the Philadelphia Phillies, accepting a position offered to him the day he was fired as manager.
Former Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is officially back with the franchise, taking a job as a senior advisor to GM Ruben Amaro, Jr.
Manuel will likely rejoin the team to help with "minor league hitting instruction, scouting and public relations."
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. didn't see a reason to wait until the offseason to explore other possibilities.
Sandberg had been serving as interim manager since the Phillies fired Charlie Manuel on Aug. 16. He entered the season as the Phillies' third-base coach after managing the team's Triple-A Lehigh Valley club for two years previously.
With Charlie Manuel seated to his left, Ruben Amaro Jr. broke down in tears after announcing he fired his manager.