- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
Latest Charlie Morton Items
Sloppy in the field and punchless at the plate. The past two days in New York were ugly ones for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The injury-ravaged Nationals threw out a lineup that included four players hitting .192 or worse. Getting opportunities wasn't an issue. Taking advantage of them was another matter entirely. Washington stranded at least one runner in every inning.
The bagel next to Charlie Morton's record is gone. All it took was a little tinkering with the Pittsburgh Pirates lineup, a familiar face at the back of the bullpen and a right-fielder who is quickly achieving cult status.
Charlie Morton gave up one hit after the second inning. The first five batters he faced, though, spoiled his day.
Poor control and the inability to hold runners might for a bad combination for Charlie Morton.
Charlie Morton was left trying to figure out how a promising outing unraveled so quickly. The Pittsburgh Pirates are seemingly always searching for answers in how to beat Kyle Lohse.
Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Tony Sanchez has practiced the play many times. Scoop a pitch in the dirt on a strikeout, make the throw to first base for an easy out.
Clay Buchholz pitched three hitless innings, Mike Carp hit a long homer and the Boston Red Sox beat a Pittsburgh Pirates split squad 4-1 on Sunday.
Charlie Morton allowed one hit in three scoreless innings, helping the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 5-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday.