- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Charlie Slowes Items
On May 25, 2007, Jordan Zimmermann took the mound for Wisconsin-Stevens Point to open the NCAA Division III College World Series in Appleton, Wis. Zimmermann dominated Emory with a complete-game, one-hit shutout and went 3-for-3 at the plate, driving in one of his team's runs in a 2-0 victory.
SAN FRANCISCO — Bob Carpenter has been behind the microphone for more than his share of historic home runs. Formerly a broadcaster for the St. Louis Cardinals, he was on the air in 1998 when Mark McGwire hit his 60th, 61st, 66th, 67th, 68th, 69th and 70th homers. He also called Ken Griffey Jr.'s 500th career shot in 2004.