- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Charlotte
Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency for North Carolina on Friday, hours after the latest winter storm left portions of the state coated in ice and in the dark because of power outages.
In a story Feb. 28 about medical marijuana legislation in Maryland, The Associated Press incorrectly identified a child who died after his family considered moving from Maryland to Colorado as being named Logan. The child who died was named Gavin.
Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say 3- and 8-year-old girls were killed when their mother lost control of their minivan and it collided with another vehicle.
As a winter storm with potential to coat the South with ice and snow moves in, nearly 900 flights have been canceled at three of the region's major airports.
A girl with less than a decade of life experience has called out the "Toy of the Century," and people are listening.
North Carolina's two prognosticating groundhogs have both seen their shadows, predicting six more weeks of winter.
Kansas has won four straight games since losing to San Diego State. The last three have been over ranked teams — No. 25 Kansas State, No. 8 Iowa State, No. 9 Oklahoma State — and the Jayhawks have a chance to make it four Top 25 opponents in a row when they face No. 24 Baylor on Monday night.
Breaking down this week's Associated Press college basketball poll:
CHICAGO (AP) — When the season began, the odds that the Chicago Bulls would trade one of their top players seemed about as long as a full-court shot.
Kyle Larson can't be goaded into setting an unreasonable expectation for his Sprint Cup debut.
Rick Adelman is back on the court and coaching basketball after three weeks away to help his wife through a health scare.
Mal Moore's career was adrift.
The latest generational comedy from raunch auteur Judd Apatow is notable for a few riotously funny set pieces, but it drags at times over its more than two hours, lurching toward the inevitable happy ending.
Family members have gathered for the first of eight funerals for school-shooting victims to be held at a Catholic church here.
A man pleaded guilty Wednesday to killing four family members, including his two young children, at their home north of Boston two years ago after he and his wife argued over a bounced check.
"I love LEGOs but I don’t like that there are more LEGO boy people and barely any LEGO girls," she wrote.
Seven-year-old Charlotte wrote a letter to LEGO sharing her frustration with gender inequality between boy and girl toy sets.