- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Chechnya
The Chechen Republic ( Noxçiyçö), sometimes referred to as Ichkeria, Chechenistan, Chechnia, Chechenia or Noxçiyn, is a federal subject of Russia. It is located in the southeastern part of Europe, in the Northern Caucasus mountains, in the North Caucasian Federal District. As of 1 January 2010, the population was 1,267,740 (according to Russian State statistics). - Source: Wikipedia
On Oct. 23, 2002, members of the battalion, along with two other Chechen groups seized more than 800 hostages at Moscow's Dubrovka Theater in a dramatic debut for the previously unknown group.
An apparent arson attack Friday on the offices of leading Israeli soccer club Beitar Jerusalem has put a spotlight on longstanding concerns over growing anti-Arab racism among the nation's soccer fans.
The query from my editor had the merit of being blunt: What's got into Ruud Gullit?