- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Cheryl K. Chumley
The subtitle to this alarmingly titled book is "How Orwell's Nightmare is Becoming Our Reality." The author, a news writer for The Washington Times, offers as illustration a case in which a former Marine was arrested and forced to undergo a psychiatric evaluation on the basis of anti-government messages posted on his Facebook page.
However, as Mrs. Chumley evenhandedly says, the Marine's case was dismissed by a judge within days, and he is now the one suing the government for false imprisonment.