- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Chesapeake Bay Bridge
, it was the world's longest continuous over-water steel structure. The parallel span was added in 1973. The bridge is officially named the William Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge after William Preston Lane, Jr. who, as governor of Maryland, initiated its construction. - Source: Wikipedia
Maryland is a state so midnight blue that five counties in the westernmost part of the state want to peel away to become the 51st state. Well, why not?
EXHIBIT: Mini Golf & BBQ Pop-Up FESTIVAL: Rockville's Hometown Holidays SPORTS: Washington Nationals vs. Baltimore Orioles CONCERT: Jazz in the Garden
Memorial Day travelers will have slightly less company on the roads this year because of the effects of sequestration, travel officials said Tuesday.
Swirling from the nation's capital to New England, a hurricane-fueled superstorm struck the most populous region of the United States on Monday with the type of brute force that had been predicted for days.
A drop in gas prices means a boost in Memorial Day travel for D.C.-area vacationers, officials with AAA Mid-Atlantic said Tuesday.
Hurricane Irene's battering of Ocean City cost the state more than $2 million in tax revenue, state Comptroller Peter V.R. Franchot said Wednesday.
Whether your dream is to live in a quiet country village with a population of a few dozen people or you want to enjoy the lifestyle of an innkeeper in a charming bed-and-breakfast on Virginia's Eastern Shore, you may want to take a drive to Eastville, Va.
Vacationers who drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Ocean City and elsewhere on the Eastern Shore could pay roughly three times as much under a sweeping toll increase proposed Thursday.
Gas prices $1-per-gallon higher than this time last year are not likely to deter area motorists from traveling on Memorial Day weekend, although estimates released Tuesday suggest they will spend less when they get where they're going.
Police have released the names of the three Maryland men who fell Monday from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in separate incidents, marking one of the deadliest and most unusual days in the bridge's 58-year history.