- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Chesapeake Bay Bridge
, it was the world's longest continuous over-water steel structure. The parallel span was added in 1973. The bridge is officially named the William Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge after William Preston Lane, Jr. who, as governor of Maryland, initiated its construction. - Source: Wikipedia
THE LITTLE GREEN BOOK OF ECO-FASCISM: THE LEFT'S PLAN TO FRIGHTEN YOUR KIDS, DRIVE UP ENERGY COSTS, AND HIKE YOUR TAXES!
A snowstorm dumped up to a foot of snow in the Midwest before moving over the Northeast, blanketing the region and unloading nearly 2 feet of snow north of Boston. Freezing temperatures with below-zero wind chills in some places complicated life for residents from Minnesota to Maine. At least 15 deaths, most in traffic accidents, were blamed on the weather. More cold blasts were in the forecast for the weekend and Monday.
Maryland is a state so midnight blue that five counties in the westernmost part of the state want to peel away to become the 51st state. Well, why not?
EXHIBIT: Mini Golf & BBQ Pop-Up FESTIVAL: Rockville's Hometown Holidays SPORTS: Washington Nationals vs. Baltimore Orioles CONCERT: Jazz in the Garden
Memorial Day travelers will have slightly less company on the roads this year because of the effects of sequestration, travel officials said Tuesday.
Swirling from the nation's capital to New England, a hurricane-fueled superstorm struck the most populous region of the United States on Monday with the type of brute force that had been predicted for days.
A drop in gas prices means a boost in Memorial Day travel for D.C.-area vacationers, officials with AAA Mid-Atlantic said Tuesday.
Hurricane Irene's battering of Ocean City cost the state more than $2 million in tax revenue, state Comptroller Peter V.R. Franchot said Wednesday.
Whether your dream is to live in a quiet country village with a population of a few dozen people or you want to enjoy the lifestyle of an innkeeper in a charming bed-and-breakfast on Virginia's Eastern Shore, you may want to take a drive to Eastville, Va.
Vacationers who drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Ocean City and elsewhere on the Eastern Shore could pay roughly three times as much under a sweeping toll increase proposed Thursday.
Gas prices $1-per-gallon higher than this time last year are not likely to deter area motorists from traveling on Memorial Day weekend, although estimates released Tuesday suggest they will spend less when they get where they're going.