- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Chevy Chase Items
In a story March 4 about an appeals court affirming the second-degree murder conviction of former University of Virginia lacrosse player, The Associated Press reported the victim's family had sued U.Va. and athletics employees. That lawsuit had been withdrawn and a second one is still pending.
Attorneys for the Chevy Chase, Md., man argued that Huguely was denied his 6th Amendment right to counsel when one of his lawyers fell ill during his February 2012 trial in Charlottesville.
"Caddyshack." ''National Lampoon's Animal House." ''Ghostbusters." ''Groundhog Day." ''Stripes."
You may not know his name or remember his face, but you have surely heard of at least some of the movies that Harold Ramis directed, helped write or appeared in. Here are five smash comedies created in part by Ramis, who died Sunday at age 69:
The mother of a University of Virginia lacrosse player slain by her boyfriend is urging Congress to create a day to increase awareness of dating violence.
Federal officials have determined construction of the light-rail Purple Line in Maryland would not harm an endangered species living nearby, but environmental activists in Chevy Chase are preparing a lawsuit to have the project's impact reconsidered.
A federal judge in Baltimore is dismissing a military widow's challenge to the official conclusion that her husband's shooting was a suicide.
Hundreds of people in the District spent Christmas helping those in need — embodying President Obama's call to community service and spreading holiday cheer throughout the area.
An innovative new model for delivering groceries opened in Montgomery County, where shoppers who order groceries online can fill their gas tanks while attendants stock their car trunks with their purchases.